LEASING MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
The following list of responsibilities should be completed by the Leasing Manager on a daily basis:
1) Answer all phone lines: Provide apartment information according to Fair Housing standards, document maintenance requests and help with tenant concerns, questions and complaints.
2) Greet and tour prospects: If a Leasing Assistant is not available, greet and tour prospects according to Fair Housing standards, including greeting prospects, building rapport with prospects, determining prospect needs with the goal of obtaining an application and closing the sale. Show the model and vacant apartment homes, provide accurate community information, and complete guest card.
3) Work Orders: Monitor the status of incomplete work orders and close out any completed work orders. Open tickets will be checked by someone in the main office on a weekly basis. The manager is responsible for communicating with maintenance and making sure all tickets are closed out prior to the weekly Management meeting.
4) Vacancy Report: Prepare weekly vacancy report, which is distributed to the Owners. This report is double-checked by the main office, so all information must be correctly reflected in the computer system.
5) Approve applications: Verify that the applicants meet all of our approval criteria and sign off. Notify management of discrepancies. Notify prospects that conditionally qualify or are declined with a letter in accordance with the laws of the FCRA. Follow through on the preparation of the lease, security deposit, and lease signing.
6) Move-In/ Move-Out Chart: Update, run and print out the Daily in the computer.
7) Move-Ins: Move-in residents on the computer system. Check accuracy of leases, pro-rata, forms, tenant inspection sheets, tenant updates.
8) Rent collection: Process all checks via the check scanner and enter into the computer, Enter cash batches into the computer and deposit money in the bank. Prepare late letters on the 10th, and court on the 15th for non-payment of rent. Represent the company for any court or collection proceeding for your property.
9) Renewals: Enter increases into the system, prepare and print renewals, mail in accordance with policy. Track and record renter’s insurance. Enter updated information returned by resident into the system.
10) Notice-to-Vacate: Enter into the computer, update the chart, send out the proper paperwork to the resident.
11) Move-Outs: Enter into the computer, communicate with Maintenance Supervisor and provide proper paperwork to initiate the turn process once keys are received. Inspect the vacant unit with maintenance. If there are charges (document evidence), enter move-out charges in system and process Security Deposit Distribution.
12) Rental Increases: Prepare comp report and present your findings to the owners, along with the suggested increase.
13) Advertising: Update websites
14) Tenant Issues: Keep Residents happy. Keep Owners happy.
15) Policy: Ensure the staff is following all policies established by the Keelty Company: guest card follow-up, showing apartments, application process, etc.
15) Management Meetings: Attend and participate in meetings. Follow-up on any requests and responsibilities addressed during the meeting.
EVERYTHING THAT COMES OUT OF THE LEASING OFFICE IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE MANAGER.
|Job Category||Personnel & Management|